Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Brown

Brown is my thing right now. Well, not my thing for me (mostly) but for everyone else and for stuff. I see a cute fleece that will fit Maizey next fall that's brown, I buy it. I find a perfect pair of size one pants that look like little cargo pants for this fall that are brown, on sale for 50% off - I debate buying two pairs... but of course only end up with one, but rest assured I do end up with one. I WILL paint her room brown, with cute little pink polka dot stickers, which will match the fantastic brown and pink polka dot blanket that our Trudy made for Maizey. I picture her room no other way. I scour the photo department for brown frames. I keep my eye out for brown bedding (on sale of course) and when I find it, I am going to buy it. I remember when people use to say that brown was the new black and I would think to myself - hell to the NO... I will never be jumping on that band wagon. Turns out I was wrong.

Me, I am a red. For sure.
 Red: The color of strength, health, and vitality, Red is often the color chosen by someone outgoing, aggressive, vigorous and impulsive—or someone who would like to be! It goes with an ambitious nature but those who choose it can be abrupt at times, determined to get all they can out of life, quick to judge people and take sides. Red people are usually optimistic and can’t stand monotony; they are rather restless and not at all introspective, so they may be unaware of their own shortcomings. They find it hard to be objective and may blame others for any mishaps. Quiet people with a preference for red may feel the need for the warmth, strength and life-giving qualities of the color, or they blanket their true feelings under a sober exterior. Red is usually chosen by people with open and uncomplicated natures, with a zest for life.
(except the blaming part. I can for sure take the blame. How else do you manage a restaurant if you don't take the blame always; even if its clearly not my fault)

But I like the definition of someone that is a brown.
Brown: A Brown person has stamina and patience, tending to be very solid and substantial, conscientious, dependable, steady and conservative. Browns are not impulsive, and may be inarticulate and tactless but they love responsibility and are reliable and kindly. If you chose Brown, watch out for a tendency to be obstinate and inflexible.

I am well aware of the person that I am. I don't pretend to be anything but who I am. I am proud of who I am. But I strive to be a little bit of a brown person too. The part that is patient. I try to be patient. I really do. Its just not my strong point. My trying doesn't always show. In my head I am saying things calmly and with as much patience as possible, but I have been told (by my lovely husband) that it doesn't always come out that way. I want to be sorry for it. But I`m not. Its just the way it goes for me. You either like it or you don't. That's also just the way it goes.


(when I sat down to write this, I had no idea what I was going to say. I just wanted to mostly say that I have a wicked awesome brown fleece for Maizey to wear in the fall. weird how it ends up what it is.)

 

2 comments:

  1. You are more colours than you think Miss Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Katie! I would love to hear what colors you think I am!!

    ReplyDelete