Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October Already

So, um, September came and went, hey? I blinked and it was done.
Which, ok, right? My anniversary is coming. Then my birthday, so yay for October!

I am super behind on everything. Blogging, pictures, laundry, cleaning, my eyebrows.

IMG_9756R

IMG_9945r

My garden is still abundant and needs to be dealt with. I went to pull the cauliflower plants that took up prime real estate all summer and produced NOTHING and guess what I found... 2 little toonie sized heads.

IMG_9943

Right in time for rain and frost. They've grown to be, like, half a grocery store head size but I'm holding off as long as possible to pick them. Soon though. 

IMG_9759R

IMG_9771

IMG_9774R

We took a few drives, we went to the train museum, we ate outside as many days as we could, the kids took some last dips in the kiddy pool.

IMG_9797

IMG_9810R

 I try not to answer the question How are you guys? with the lame answer busy because, um, what exactly are we busy doing? I truly don't know, but dude, we are busy. Well, it feels that way anyway.

IMG_9876R

IMG_9878R

IMG_9886R

We had company. My favorite kind of company actually. The home kind. Trudy came for the weekend and I love watching her do the fun things with my kids that she used to do with us.

IMG_20120929_104352

 Her patience knows no bounds with tiny little hands and scissors and tape. And also, as I watched Trudy scroll through pictures on her blackberry, zooming in to give Maizey a better look and navigating that phone like it was 1983 and she was pushing a tape into the VCR, I realized my senior citizen friend is cooler than any one elses.

IMG_20120929_104641

Thanks for making cards, blowing bubbles, pulling wagons, knitting Owl blankets, entertaining Maizey, the visit. The flowers and gifts, the laughs and for just making the trip at all. We love YOU a bushel and a peck Trudy.

Well, September is over and despite my previous statement, October is shaping up to be busy. Not the lame kind of busy though, where I don't know why it's busy, no, it's the awesome kind where we are actually busy.

IMG_9908r

IMG_9912r

IMG_9952r

My favorite holiday is also coming.
Happy October in this house.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a great photographer Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love you guys a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete