Friday, March 4, 2011

Swarly

About 6-ish weeks ago I was sweeping the floors. It was a very very snowy day in January. I felt the need to open all the windows wide just to get some air and ease the crazy hot flash I was experiencing.

What the mother of crap is going on? Menopause? So young? Seriously? Oh my effing god, am I pregnant?? Yes, yes I am. I think. Am I? Let me do the math. For real? How did this happen? So, uh, Bri, I think I'm pregnant. 

And that's pretty much how our conversations went for the next two days until I did, in fact confirm, that yes, I was (and am) pregnant!!! Those conversations have changed now to yayyy, I'm pregnant!! Bri, we're going to have another little baby, yayyy! 

Our little family is about to become four. September 25th is our official due date... two years and one month between Maizey and this little one, who from here on in will be referred to as Swarly. No, that name is not in the running to be an actual name, its just a funny name that we got off of How I Met Your Mother. I had an ultrasound on February 18th that confirmed there is only one little Swarly in there, and that he/she was approximately 23mm long. We could see little arm and leg buds and a little flickering heart beat.


 Now for the kicker. I am 11 weeks along. When I was pregnant with Maizey I diligently took monthly photos of my belly. The first 5 months of photos there was very little change in my belly size... just a big change in the rest of my body size. Believe me, it was not awesome to hear people say 'ohhh I couldn't even tell" when I was 6 months along and 20 pounds heavier. This time, I don't think that will happen. Here's why:


The left photo is Maizey in my belly at around (edited to say) 9 weeks. The right photo is Swarly at around (edited to say) 10.5 weeks. So I know its not that far along, despite me looking really far along... its alright with me, as long as it stays belly!!!
I loved being pregnant last time, although the hot summer almost killed me. I am looking forward to all of it again.

(and p.s. I don't need anyone to explain how this happened. I know how this happens... I just don't KNOW how this happened! if you know what I mean!!)

6 comments:

  1. Yah!!!! so happy for The McGivens!! Ps. Soph and hayden are almost exactly 2 years and 1 month a part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very well written post. I'm so excited for you in so many ways and I'm excited for me that I get to watch your belly/baby grow because you haven't abandoned me (your workout partner) despite your 'condition'. I'm so proud of how well you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratualtions you guys! So exciting!!

    Maybe it'll be a boy since you're carrying differently. Boys are fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!congrats. Perfect spacing too, our girls are 2years 2months

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! It's crazy how fast you "pop" the second time around! I'm so happy for you guys, I love Maizey's shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Your little Maizey is stinkin too cute in that little pink t-shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete