Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter And 30th Birthdays And Road Trips

Catch up time...

I took the kids on a weekend road trip to Vancouver (solo trip, as Brian had to work) two weekends ago.

IMG_20130322_145530

Ang was down there with her family, so we crashed their family vacation and spent the weekend with them.

IMG_2363bw

IMG_2369bw

IMG_2374bw

We took the kids to the aquarium and did a little touring around the city. So so so much fun. I was just shy of getting down on my hands and knees and kissing that green grass. We needed that sunny break.

IMG_2348r
(see that green grass right there?!)

IMG_2355r

I just have to say this - my kids are such awesome travelers. And I have met my match - I have never known someone that needs more pee stops than me.... Maizey, you win.

IMG_2408r
Photographic evidence that I actually was there!

IMG_20130322_145829

IMG_20130323_112656

IMG_20130323_122039

We got back and the next day, Maizey got the flu. It took her down haaardd. Promptly following the flu, well, actually over lapping with the flu, both Maizey and Jace got an eye infection and the second we saw that clearing up, the flu hit Jace and is still taking him down.

IMG_20130328_183835

The kid basically hasn't stopped eating since the day he was born, and up until this morning it had been 36 hours with nothing. It's so sad. It has been a long, messy week around this house. Just so you know, eye drops are so not easy to put into a feisty 19 month old's eyes. Oh, the screaming.

I had a big, super fun and amazing surprise trip planned for Brian's 30th birthday. Oh, it was going to be amazing. Everything was lining up perfectly with his first week of holidays, flights and my parents baby-sitting and the hotel and the baseball games and on and on and on and on.

IMG_2536

IMG_2434

IMG_2414

And then I realized, it was SO NOT something he wanted. I was totally planning the 30th birthday that I wanted. So, I cancelled all travel plans and sent out an email to his friends and asked who would be around to celebrate, surprise style, on Easter weekend.

IMG_2554bw
how beautiful is my pregnant bestie??

IMG_2441 

 It worked out pretty well, and this weekend, we surprised him at 12 mile with beer, fishing rods, a fire and hot dogs and a beautiful afternoon at the river, followed by sushi and bowling.

IMG_2443

IMG_2448

IMG_2517 

 Low key and fun. He was surprised and happy, which was exactly what I wanted.
p.s OMG WE ARE 30 THIS YEAR.

IMG_2519

IMG_2543

Easter. Oh, Easter. My favorite holiday to hate and love at the same time. After my *ahem* effort last year, I semi dropped the ball this year. Oh we talked a whole lot about dying eggs and making some sort of Easter craft. But then.... it just didn't happen. We put out some eggs.... uhhh, I mean the Easter bunny put out some eggs and two new coloring books and Maizey was happy and hopped up on chocolate (and didn't even have to share any yet, because poor Buddy is too sick) and thats what really matters, isn't it??

No comments:

Post a Comment