Sunday, May 16, 2010

Its All In A Day (Or Two's) Work

Just like I knew she would, my mom *mostly* got my house whipped into shape. Although, I think I may be exuding some kind of laziness vibe, because whenever people are around me, all they want to do is sit around and drink coffee. So, with that being said - even though we WANTED to just sit around and drink coffee, we did get a ton of work done. While Grannie looked after Maizey, Brian got the lawn mowed and I got the garden 85%-ish weeded (I hate quack grass)... I can see why they say gardening is such a good workout... I could hardly walk today. So this morning we opted for the inside work instead (to give my poor legs, arms and fingers a break)... I worked on discarding things I have been collecting but don't want, and mom cooked. ALL DAY. She made soup, and buns stuffed with hamburger and regular buns and cinnamon buns. She cleaned. And she helped me fill picture frames and hang pictures that have been leaning against the walls, on the floor for MONTHS (maybe even years) now. My house is slowly staring to look a little less cluttered (a dream since Maizey came along). There's still a lot of work to do, but we are getting there.
Here are some before and after photos...
gahhh... one big mess

ahhhh... nice and clean

and so nice and hung...

maybe next time he wont wait so long to mow...

so nice and freshly cut

that is a lot of stinkin' weeds...

painstakingly pulled...

So there you have it... a days work. I forgot what it was like to work. Its hard. Now excuse me while I go eat *some* cinnamon buns.

1 comment:

  1. That is a LOT of weeds!!! WOW Good work!!! I probably would have dug it all up and started from scatch.

    ReplyDelete