Thursday, April 29, 2010

The One Where She Is Sick

Today I had to be a 'real' mommy (not that I am not usually a real mommy, I just had to be THE mommy today, you know, do the things that only a mommy can do). My baby girl is sick with a cold. She woke up with so much goop in her eyes that one was actually glued shut. Her nose is running and she hates to have it wiped, so its a fight every single time. She just wants to be cuddled all the time, which I can easily do. So I did it. But to add insult to injury, she also had to go for her 6 month shot today, because *someone* slacked off when she actually was six months old. That just made everything worse, and of course there was the *how could you let her do that to me???* look and scream. I hate that look and scream. I think next shots, its Daddys turn.
Our day went like this:
8:00 get up, shower, get ready to go.
9:00 go to Paola's for a quick coffee and put Liams baptism pictures on her computer
10:00 shots
11:00 home for a nap
12:30 wake up from nap, cry, try to eat lunch, spit it out and cry
1:00 back to bed for second nap
3:00 wake up from nap and be happy. even smile a little
4:00 cry and make mommy think she needs another nap. scream when she gets put in her bed for said nap
4:15 get up from nap and cuddle with mom
5:00 bath
5:30 try to eat dinner, spit it out and cry
5:45 cuddle with mom then go to bed
6:15 wake up screaming. cuddle but scream at same time
6:30 go for a drive in hopes of making her fall asleep
7:15 get home. eat a small bowl of cereal
7:45 go back to bed. scream. get picked up and cuddled and rocked until
8:45 when she finally fell asleep. back to bed
8:46 mommy pours very large glass of wine.

Sick babies are heartbreaking. I just want to make it better. Here's for hoping it gets better before Saturday when we leave on a 13 hour road trip up north to visit our friends Andrea, Ryan, Natalie and Cade. Gahhhh, imagine that road trip with a sickie... it makes me chug my wine and pour another glass just thinking about it.

Here's the closest thing I got to a smile today.


Tomorrow will be better. Now I am off to get some sleep in case this turns into a rough night too.

2 comments:

  1. It's always hard when you need to be a 'real mommy' like the one you described, I feel for you and little Maizey. I'm also glad that I got to see her in that brief happy period of 3:00 o'clock. Good luck, things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick babies are never fun!

    I gave you an award on my blog, check it out!

    ReplyDelete