Sunday, February 14, 2010

Living and Loving

I didn't always love valentines day, in fact, I don't even love it now. There are things that I love ABOUT the day though, such as all the red. My favourite color is everywhere, which means everywhere I go, I smile. The boxes of chocolates make me smile, the balloons, the cinnamon hearts that I hate the taste of but love to look at, the people wearing red, and of course red roses, which I am yet to receive. They all make me smile.
Since February is heart and stroke month, I decided last Thursday that I would try to dress Maizey is something red every day. So far I have suceeded (I have no idea if that's how to spell that and I'm too lazy to look it up!)



Day 1



Day 2


Day 3 - I know it's not realllly red, but it's close enough!



A few things that I loved about today....


1) Maizey and I spent the morning with some of our great friends. There is a group of us MOIT's (Mommy of infant/toddlers) (and a token non mommy and a token preggo) that get together every few weeks for coffee. Its great to have the motherhood support team and to get some adult conversation in. Also, we catch up on all the gossip that we may have missed not being at our respective "jobs" (you know, the ones we used to get paid to go to!)




2) Maizey and I got beautiful daisies from Brian/Daddy.



3)Maizey was a total ham in front of the camera, so we took tons of pictures of her today.



4)It feels like spring outside. The only thing that would have made it better today would have been a bright blue sky.



5) One of my most favourite things to do is visit with friends. I also love drinking coffee and Baileys. So really, I can't go wrong when doing those 2 things together!!



I really am living the dream... and loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment