Saturday, August 10, 2013

Summer Is Flying By

This summer is freaking fly by. It's the middle of August, how did that happen?
It's been hot, a wee bit humid and packed with action. Between company coming, trips to the lake, a weekend at Ang's cabin, two trips to my parents new house, a night in Kamloops, going to pick up our new vehicle, throw in a few impromptu bbq's with friend and then just stuff around home, we have been busy.

IMG_5234
driving the ferry. no big deal.  

Like, lay down on the couch at 8:00pm and wake up to go to bed at 10:00pm. With the exception of this last week, it's been early to bed and early to rise ALL summer.

IMG_5238r

IMG_5255r

IMG_5264r

For some reason my kids internal alarm clocks go off at 6:30am with out fail. It's cool, I am usually a morning person anyways. Besides, even if I wasn't, they totally don't give a shit, so whatever.


IMG_5279
cinnamon buns to die for. 

IMG_5280 
don't be fooled, this is as big as your face.

Truthfully, the only way to beat this heat is be near the water. It's hot. We have powered through 2 bottles of sunscreen so far. Maybe thats the reason my kids are always wet? Because otherwise they are too sweaty??

IMG_5290

IMG_5307r

IMG_5312r
she's desperate to be like Merida from Brave. Asked her Papa to make her the bow and arrow and likes to pull her one strand of hair over her eye. I couldn't be happier with her choice of princesses to want to be like. 

IMG_5321r

I had one flower pot on our front steps. It's totally dead. Apparently it needed water on the regular.

IMG_5328

IMG_5361r

My garden is awesome. Full of delicious food. I think I need to expand next year though. Variety - we need more it. We can only eat carrots, beats and green beans for so many days in a row.

IMG_5492

IMG_5497

IMG_5512

Finally, today, a zuchinni was ready which is great timing since Brian is at work - he hates them, so we enjoyed it in peace without having to listen to him fake gag over every bite. 

IMG_5469

IMG_5476r

IMG_5482

I got a new camera a few months ago and suddenly I am afraid to take it anywhere good. Like, the beach. Or the Salmon Arm waterslides.

IMG_5553

IMG_5567r

We had Shanon and her family here for a few days this week and  we hit up the waterslides one afternoon. The kids had so much fun. Unfortunately, there is no photographic evidence of us actually there, because, well, like I said, too chicken to take my camera anywhere.

Shanon was supposed to come out way back in the fall, but suddenly, the day she and Cait were supposed to come, winter blew in and they couldn't come. It has taken this long to work out another time.


IMG_5590r

IMG_5591



It was totally worth the wait. Thanks for coming Shan, for introducing me to Twisted Tea's and changing my life. I'm nine episodes into season 2 of The Big C and when I cried a few episodes ago, I was thinking I wouldn't feel so silly if I weren't here alone.

IMG_5604

IMG_5608

IMG_5614

You and your little family are welcome here any time!


Things don't seem to be slowing down this month. It looks like August will be as fun filled as July.
Making summer 2013 memorable, thats what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment