Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happpy Wedding, Tyler

Soooo.... I am suuuuper behind on blogging, but to be honest, I am way too behind on everything else to actually sit down and focus on just this, which means that this will be one short and sweet post.

My older brother got married this weekend. Not my oldest, he's already married. No, it was my just older brother, the one that for as long as I have known him, has claimed that he will never get married. That one. Tyler.

He and his new wife pulled off quite the wedding. Classy and fun. Who knew that Tylers wedding would be followed by the word classy, right? Tyler likes to play it cool always, act like nothing is a big deal and that everything is just sooo simple. So I *had* to laugh just a little (or a lot) at the fact that the days leading up to the wedding saw him being an absolute nut case. He earned every little bit of that stress when he called Riley "groomzilla" and told me I don't know why you are so stressed out, planning a wedding is so easy. He truly ate his words, although he would never admit that. He has come a long way, this brother that said he wouldn't get married. He crafted center pieces by hand, he stood beside his siblings and smiled for pictures, which didn't happen at MY wedding thankyouverymuchtyler, he made home made pizza to serve as the midnight snack and he said I do with a laugh and honesty and conviction. He did things I never thought I would see him do. He was a truly proud groom. It baffles me to write those words, but honestly, I could not be happier for him.

IMG_8298r

Unlike my last brothers wedding where I was all emotional and sentimental, this time I was ready for a party. Maybe it wasn't the two-steppin' good time I was anticipating, but it was a late night full of good laughs and people I hadn't seen in a million years. More of a high school reunion than my actual high school reunion. My favorite part about weddings are having all the people you love the most in the whole world all be together at the same time and this was no exception.

IMG_8350r

We ended the night with a tired little girl asleep on the floor curled up with a donut off the midnight snack table in her hand. We schlepped sleeping babies into carseats and then into beds well after midnight and I would not have had it any other way.

IMG_8334r

Happy wedding Tyler and Jen, we are so happy for you guys.


1 comment:

  1. Amy...WOW...what a beautiful picture of you. What a great looking family you have!!!

    So nice to see you last week... until next time ;)

    ReplyDelete