Saturday, June 25, 2011

Surviving vs Thriving

Ok, summer with an almost two year old, is a whole lot more fun...

blog

Nobody judges the woman sitting in a kiddy pool splashing herself in the face when there's a toddler running around. Just saying.
At least, I don't think they do.
Although, I was a little worried when the young renters in the house across the street drove by approximately 800 times while I sat in my lawn chair reading my Better Homes and Gardens magazine and drinking cold coffee, wearing clothes that are getting very obviously, too small. Whatever, they aren't the one carrying this internal furnace with no off switch, around all the time. So who cares, right?

IMG_4328

Anyways, the point is, a hose with barely a dribble coming out equals never ending fun. Throw in a few pails, a $6 blow up pool from the Bargain Shop, some shovels, and a hat that can serve as a water transporting device and we are good to go for hours. Add a few friends, some watermelon and pretzels, a nearby sand box and a car, before you know it, its getting cold and is dinner time.

IMG_4348r

IMG_4360r

We haven't had the warmest weather so far this summer. To be honest, I am good with it. But since this isn't my first rodeo, I know when the hot days hit, the only way to get through it is with the help of that $6 blow up pool from the Bargain Shop. Oh, and the fact that our bedroom is in the basement, that doesn't hurt.
The summer I was pregnant with Maizey, I spent a lot of time laying on my bed, watching Everybody Loves Raymond on a 2.5inch screen. It's all about survival.

IMG_4335r

Right now, we are definitely more than surviving. We are thriving.

IMG_4366r

3 comments:

  1. Your photos of Maizey are amazing, love them all. Maybe we could negotiate a price for Maizey to take a photo of you in the Bargain Shop 6 dollar kiddie pool keeping you and swarly somewhat cool. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maizey is just so adorable! Great Pictures!

    ReplyDelete