Thursday, September 26, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday, Buddy

Dear Jace,
 We almost never call you Jace, it's always Buddy, Budski, or Bud. You almost never respond to Jace anyways. Everyone, Nannie, Grampa, Nana, our friends, everyone. I love it. It seems a little weird to type Jace.

Two years old. Seriously, where has the time gone? The shirt you wore on your first birthday is still in your drawer and I thought about putting it on you not that long ago, but realized it is actually too small for you, and that makes me a wee bit sad. I wish you would have worn it more, it's so cute.
You are such a little turd. You have a little temper, you never do as I ask, you always argue in a way that only a two year old can argue, you throw fits, you try to do whatever you want and when I question you, you cock your head to the side, smile and say "doin' mom?" .... and it's so freaking cute that I just want to squeeze you. You test me all the time. All. The. Time. I wonder if that will end or if it will be a forever thing?
You love apples. Really love apples. We have to keep them somewhere you can't reach otherwise you are always sneaking them.
You vocabulary and speech have grown like crazy over the last few months. We have full conversations with you now and you copy anything we say. Especially Maizey, you love copying her. Her words, her actions, you want to be just like her. She loves it and so do we. You sound very serious when you talk, specifically when you say thank you. It sounds like 'taint you mom' and it's fast and with a very low tone of voice and a little bit raspy. I'm going to try and get it on video because it's really cute and I want to always remember it.
You and Maizey are like any typical siblings, you annoy the heck out of one another, but you are also the best of friends. I really really really really hope this lasts forever. Be as mean as you want to each other, but always be there for each other, and most importantly, stick up for each other. You miss her something fierce when she is at school, you wander around asking where she is the whole time she is away. She loves you so much and from what we can see, you love her right back, just in your own special, two year old, little turd way. Which means, by kicking her and stuff. I do hope that part ends.
You like playing outside and being wet and dirty. You love the sandbox, the garden and the hose. Honestly, you are almost never clean. I actually kind of gave up on it awhile ago because it was kind of a lot work trying to keep you clean. Now I just shrug and say it must be a boy thing.
You are doing awesome at potty training. Thank you.
You would sit at the kitchen table and watch music videos on YouTube all day if you could. You know songs by the cover photo for the video and you most definitely have an opinion about what songs we should listen to. Your current favorites are Hunter Hayes - Crazy, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood - Remind Me, Florida Georgia Line - Round Here, Eric Church - Guys Like Me, Anna Kendrick - Cups, Leah Turner - Take The Keys, and anything by Luke Bryan with an honorable mention going to Eric Church - Springsteen, Florida Georgia Line - Cruise and Tim McGraw - Highway Don't Care.  We are obviously country fans around here and we are just passing that down to you.
You eat a lot and are not at all picky. Although, on any given day, you can decide not to eat even your most favorite foods, just to be awesome (rolling  my eyes).
When asked how old you are, you say five! and hold up five fingers. 
You are pretty much un-bribe-able. If you don't want to do something, no matter what the promise of something awesome is, you won't do it. I suppose I really want to say - stick with this, always be true to yourself, stand your ground, be your own person, but part of me also wants to say, can't you help me out now and then, and just do what I say for the promise of ice-cream or something equally as cool?
But seriously, you are such a cool kid. You like to do fun things, you get really grumpy when you are tired, you are thirsty all the time, you make me laugh a lot. You love to dance and you kind of have a short attention span, You say you love Diego, but you only last, like 10 minutes before you are bored and want to do something else. You are early to rise every single day and are almost always really happy when you first wake up. This is my favorite time of the day to be alone with you. We are little early morning friends.
We love you to pieces, Buddy. You are fun, funny and loving. You like to cuddle far more than your sister ever did and I take it whenever I can it get it. I can't wait to see what changes this next year bring. We have three days a week for two and half hours, alone and I am really looking forward to this time with you.
You bring so much happiness to our whole family. Thank you for being you.
Happy Birthday.
We love you so much.
Love,
Mom and Daddy.



No comments:

Post a Comment